Thursday, July 3, 2008

Abstract expressionism and music

My friend Froyle Neideck is an artist who uses music to inspire the creative process. Concentrating on abstract expressionism she conducts workshops to inspire original thought and encourage self expression. Creativity, she says, is the language of the heart. Read more on her website - by clicking the title of this blog - and check out the testimonials and her paintings. I have several! Now read here what she says about the importance of music in her creative process.

"My inspiration comes from colour itself, and my approach to art is most akin to abstract expressionism. My paintings are a celebration of the creative process; whereby the initial inspiration is the spring board and from this the art evolves.
At the moment music is playing a vital role in my creativity. It is the catalyst from where I am drawing my emotional expression and my paintings are often the execution of a visual colour melody."

I think any workshop that develops this kind of creative expression is always valuable to anyone in the arts. There are never too many roots to support a healthy plant.

When my wrist gets better I look forward to doing one of Froyle's workshops and when I do I will post a pic of the masterpiece here!!! Now that's confidence for you.

I'd love to hear what you think on this one... Do you think we, as creators of the written word, need to develop creativity or just concentrate on crafting words alone?

Regards Annie

1 comment:

Chelle Sandell said...

Where are you my friend? I'm missing my smiling Aussie Annie!! Come out and play!